Using a Timeline in English
شرح مهارة استخدام الـ Timeline لطلاب B2 مع أمثلة وتدريبات
تُعد مهارة Using a Timeline من المهارات المهمة لطلاب مستوى B2، خاصة في Reading, Writing, Grammar وفهم النصوص التي تحتوي على أحداث متعددة في أوقات مختلفة.
فكرة الـ Timeline بسيطة جدًا: نحن نرتب الأحداث حسب وقت حدوثها حتى نستطيع فهم العلاقة بينها واختيار الزمن الصحيح في اللغة الإنجليزية.
ما هي الـ Timeline؟
الـ Timeline هي خط زمني نستخدمه لترتيب الأحداث حسب حدوثها.
بمعنى بسيط:
A timeline shows when events happened and the order in which they happened.
أي:
الـ Timeline توضح متى حدثت الأحداث والترتيب الذي حدثت به.
مثال:
2019 → 2021 → 2023 → NOW
- 2019: بدأ دراسة الإنجليزية.
- 2021: اجتاز أول اختبار.
- 2023: بدأ التدريس.
- NOW: يعمل مدرسًا.
عندما نرتب الأحداث بهذه الطريقة، يصبح اختيار الأزمنة أسهل.
لماذا يحتاج طالب B2 إلى Using a Timeline؟
الـ Timeline تساعد الطالب على:
1. فهم ترتيب الأحداث في Reading.
2. اختيار الزمن الصحيح في Grammar.
3. كتابة القصص بشكل منظم.
4. فهم الفرق بين Past Simple وPast Perfect.
5. فهم العلاقة بين الماضي والحاضر.
6. تنظيم الأحداث في Narrative Writing.
7. الإجابة عن أسئلة ترتيب الأحداث.
1. Timeline مع Past Simple
نستخدم Past Simple عندما نتحدث عن أحداث انتهت في الماضي.
Timeline:
8:00 → 9:00 → 10:00
- 8:00 → I woke up.
- 9:00 → I had breakfast.
- 10:00 → I went to school.
Sentence:
I woke up at 8:00, had breakfast at 9:00, and went to school at 10:00.
الأحداث مرتبة حسب حدوثها.
Example 2
Timeline:
Monday → Tuesday → Wednesday
Monday: I studied for the exam.
Tuesday: I revised my notes.
Wednesday: I took the exam.
يمكننا كتابة:
I studied on Monday, revised my notes on Tuesday, and took the exam on Wednesday.
2. Timeline مع Past Perfect
وهنا تصبح الـTimeline أكثر أهمية بالنسبة لطلاب B2.
نستخدم Past Perfect عندما نريد أن نوضح أن حدثًا وقع قبل حدث آخر في الماضي.
القاعدة:
Earlier past → Past Perfect
Later past → Past Simple
Example
لدينا حدثان:
1. I arrived at the station.
2. The train left.
إذا كان القطار غادر قبل وصولي:
Timeline:
Train left → I arrived
إذن:
When I arrived at the station, the train had left.
لاحظ:
Earlier event:
had left
Later event:
arrived
مثال مهم جدًا
Timeline:
I finished my homework → I watched TV
الجملة:
After I had finished my homework, I watched TV.
الحدث الأول:
had finished
الحدث الثاني:
watched
Example 2
Timeline:
She studied → She took the exam
She had studied carefully before she took the exam.
الدراسة حدثت أولًا.
الامتحان حدث بعد ذلك.
Example 3
Timeline:
They booked the hotel → They travelled
They had booked the hotel before they travelled.
Example 4
Timeline:
The film started → We arrived
When we arrived at the cinema, the film had already started.
كلمة:
already
مهمة جدًا لأنها توضح أن الحدث حدث بالفعل قبل الحدث الآخر.
3. Timeline مع Present Perfect
نستخدم Present Perfect عندما يكون الحدث مرتبطًا بالحاضر.
Timeline:
Past ───────────── NOW
مثال:
I started learning English five years ago.
وما زلت أتعلم الآن.
يمكن أن نقول:
I have studied English for five years.
أو:
I have been studying English for five years.
الفرق بين Past Simple وPresent Perfect باستخدام Timeline
Past Simple
Timeline:
2019 → X
حدث وانتهى.
I studied English in 2019.
Present Perfect
Timeline:
2019 ───────── NOW
بدأ في الماضي وما زال مرتبطًا بالحاضر.
I have studied English since 2019.
Example
Past Simple:
I visited Alexandria last year.
الرحلة انتهت.
Present Perfect:
I have visited Alexandria several times.
نتحدث عن تجربة حتى الآن.
4. Timeline مع Present Perfect Continuous
مفيد جدًا لطلاب B2.
نستخدم:
have/has been + V-ing
للتعبير عن نشاط بدأ في الماضي وما زال مستمرًا أو له أثر واضح الآن.
Timeline:
Past ───────────── NOW
Example:
I have been studying for three hours.
بدأت الدراسة منذ ثلاث ساعات وما زلت أدرس.
Example 2
She has been working at the company since 2022.
Timeline:
2022 ───────────── NOW
5. Using Timeline with Future
الـTimeline لا تستخدم فقط للماضي.
يمكننا استخدامها أيضًا للتخطيط للمستقبل.
Timeline:
NOW → Tomorrow → Next week
مثلاً:
Today, I am studying for the exam.
Tomorrow, I will revise my notes.
Next week, I will take the exam.
Timeline and Future Plans
Example:
Now → Friday → Saturday
Now: I am preparing for my presentation.
Friday: I will practise it.
Saturday: I am going to give the presentation.
6. Timeline في Narrative Writing
هذه من أهم الاستخدامات لطلاب B2.
عندما يكتب الطالب قصة، يجب أن يعرف:
What happened first?
What happened next?
What happened after that?
What happened in the end?
يمكنه استخدام Timeline قبل أن يبدأ الكتابة.
Example
موضوع:
Write about a difficult experience you had.
قبل الكتابة:
Timeline:
8:00 → 9:00 → 10:00 → 12:00
8:00: I left home.
9:00: I arrived at the station.
10:00: I discovered that I had forgotten my ticket.
12:00: I finally arrived at my destination.
ثم نحول الـTimeline إلى فقرة:
I left home at 8:00 and arrived at the station at 9:00. When I reached the platform, I realised that I had forgotten my ticket. After solving the problem, I finally arrived at my destination at noon.
لاحظ استخدام Past Perfect
I had forgotten my ticket.
لماذا؟
لأن:
Earlier:
I forgot my ticket.
Later:
I realised it.
إذن:
I had forgotten my ticket.
7. Timeline مع Signal Words
هناك كلمات تساعد الطالب على ترتيب الأحداث.
Before
قبل
Example:
I had finished my homework before I went out.
Timeline:
Homework → Going out
After
بعد
Example:
After I had finished my homework, I went out.
Timeline:
Homework → Going out
When
عندما
Example:
When I arrived, the meeting had already started.
By the time
من أهم التعبيرات لطلاب B2.
By the time = بحلول الوقت الذي
Example:
By the time I arrived at the station, the train had left.
Timeline:
Train left → I arrived
Already
The lesson had already started when I entered the classroom.
Then
I finished my homework, and then I watched TV.
Timeline:
Homework → TV
Finally
Finally, we reached our destination.
تستخدم للحدث الأخير.
8. Timeline with Since and For
Since
نستخدمها مع نقطة بداية.
since 2020
since Monday
since I was a child
Timeline:
2020 ───────── NOW
I have lived here since 2020.
For
نستخدمها مع مدة زمنية.
for five years
for two hours
for a long time
Example:
I have worked here for five years.
Timeline:
5 years ago ───────── NOW
9. Timeline in Reading Comprehension
في Reading، قد يحتوي النص على أحداث كثيرة.
Example:
In 2018, Ahmed moved to Cairo. Two years later, he started university. Before moving to Cairo, he had lived in a small village. In 2024, he started his own business.
نرتب الأحداث:
Timeline:
Before 2018 → 2018 → 2020 → 2024
- Before 2018 → lived in a village
- 2018 → moved to Cairo
- 2020 → started university
- 2024 → started a business
سؤال Reading
Where had Ahmed lived before moving to Cairo?
الإجابة:
He had lived in a small village.
لماذا؟
لأن الـTimeline توضح أن:
Village → Cairo
10. Timeline for Cause and Effect
يمكن للـTimeline أيضًا أن تساعد في فهم السبب والنتيجة.
Example:
Heavy rain → Roads flooded → Traffic increased
يمكننا القول:
Heavy rain caused the roads to flood, which resulted in increased traffic.
11. Timeline and Sequence
من المهم أن يعرف الطالب الفرق بين:
Sequence
و:
Timeline
الـTimeline هي أداة تساعدنا على رؤية الـSequence.
مثلاً:
First → Next → Then → Finally
Example:
First, I woke up. Next, I had breakfast. Then, I went to school. Finally, I returned home.
12. Example: Complete Timeline
اقرأ:
Sara woke up late. She rushed to the bus stop, but the bus had already left. She called a taxi and arrived at school at 9:00. By the time she entered the classroom, the lesson had started.
نرتب الأحداث:
Sara woke up late
↓
She reached the bus stop
↓
The bus had left
↓
She called a taxi
↓
She arrived at school
↓
The lesson had started
لاحظ أن:
had left
حدث قبل وصولها إلى موقف الأتوبيس.
و:
had started
حدث قبل دخولها الفصل.
13. How to Build a Timeline
علّم طلابك هذه الخطوات الخمس:
Step 1
حدد الأحداث.
Find the events.
Step 2
حدد وقت كل حدث.
Identify when each event happened.
Step 3
رتب الأحداث.
Put the events in chronological order.
Step 4
حدد الحدث الأقدم.
Find the earliest event.
Step 5
اختر الزمن المناسب.
Choose the correct tense.
مثال تدريبي
الأحداث غير مرتبة:
- I arrived at school.
- I woke up.
- I had breakfast.
- I left home.
رتبها:
I woke up → I had breakfast → I left home → I arrived at school.
ثم اكتب:
I woke up early, had breakfast, left home, and arrived at school.
تدريب B2: اختر الزمن الصحيح
1.
When I arrived at the cinema, the film ______.
a) started
b) had started
✅ had started
2.
I ______ English since 2020.
a) studied
b) have studied
✅ have studied
3.
After she ______ her homework, she went to bed.
a) had finished
b) has finished
✅ had finished
4.
They ______ to London last year.
a) have travelled
b) travelled
✅ travelled
لأن:
last year
وقت محدد وانتهى.
5.
By the time we arrived, the guests ______.
a) left
b) had left
✅ had left
تدريب: Make a Timeline
اقرأ:
Tom started learning English in 2021. In 2022, he joined an English club. By 2023, he had passed his first international exam. In 2025, he started working as a translator.
اعمل Timeline:
2021 → 2022 → 2023 → 2025
ثم:
- 2021 → started learning English
- 2022 → joined an English club
- 2023 → had passed an exam
- 2025 → started working as a translator
خطأ شائع جدًا
الطلاب أحيانًا يعتقدون أن Past Perfect يستخدم مع كل الأحداث الماضية.
وهذا خطأ.
❌
I had woke up, had eaten breakfast, and had gone to school yesterday.
لا نحتاج إلى Past Perfect هنا؛ لأن الأحداث مرتبة طبيعيًا.
✅
I woke up, ate breakfast, and went to school yesterday.
نستخدم Past Perfect عندما نحتاج إلى توضيح أن حدثًا وقع قبل حدث ماضٍ آخر.
قاعدة ذهبية لطلاب B2
قل للطلاب:
Draw the timeline before choosing the tense.
أي:
ارسم الـTimeline قبل أن تختار الزمن.
إذا وجدت حدثين في الماضي:
اسأل:
Which happened first?
إذا احتجت إلى التأكيد على أن حدثًا وقع أولًا:
Past Perfect
والحدث التالي:
Past Simple
Example:
Train left → I arrived
The train had left when I arrived.
خلاصة Using Timeline
الـTimeline ليست مجرد خط نرسمه على الورق، ولكنها طريقة تساعد الطالب على فهم الزمن وترتيب الأحداث والعلاقة بينها.
أهم العلاقات التي يجب أن يتقنها طالب B2:
Past event → Past Simple
Earlier past event → Past Perfect
Past → Present connection → Present Perfect
Past continuing to present → Present Perfect Continuous
Future plans → Future forms
وأهم قاعدة:
First understand the order of events, then choose the tense.
أي:
افهم ترتيب الأحداث أولًا، ثم اختر الزمن المناسب.
تعليقات
إرسال تعليق