Main menu

Pages

Sentence Fragment | شرح الجملة الناقصة

 

Sentence Fragment | شرح الجملة الناقصة لطلاب B2

تُعد Sentence Fragment من الأخطاء المهمة التي يجب أن يتعلم طالب B2 كيفية اكتشافها وتصحيحها، خاصة في Writing وAcademic Writing وكتابة الـEssays.

قد تبدو الـSentence Fragment مثل جملة صحيحة لأنها تبدأ بحرف كبير وتنتهي بعلامة ترقيم، لكنها في الحقيقة لا تحتوي على فكرة كاملة.

في هذا الدرس سنتعلم:

  • ما هي Sentence Fragment؟
  • كيف نكتشفها؟
  • أنواعها.
  • كيفية تصحيحها.
  • أمثلة كثيرة.
  • تدريبات مناسبة لمستوى B2.

ما هي Sentence Fragment؟

Sentence Fragment تعني:

An incomplete sentence that does not express a complete thought.

أي:

جملة ناقصة لا تعبر عن فكرة كاملة.

الجملة الصحيحة في اللغة الإنجليزية تحتاج عادةً إلى:

Subject + Verb + Complete Meaning

أما الـFragment فقد تفتقد:

  • Subject
  • Main Verb
  • Complete Idea

مثال بسيط جدًا

Fragment:

Because I was tired.

عندما نقرأ:

Because I was tired...

نشعر أن هناك شيئًا ناقصًا.

نسأل:

What happened because you were tired?

إذن الفكرة غير مكتملة.

Correct:

Because I was tired, I went to bed early.

الآن أصبحت الفكرة كاملة.


Sentence vs Sentence Fragment

Complete Sentence

I went home because I was tired.

لدينا:

Subject: I

Verb: went

Complete idea: نعم.


Sentence Fragment

Because I was tired.

لدينا:

Subject: I

Verb: was

ولكن لا توجد:

Main Clause

لذلك الجملة ناقصة.


النوع الأول: Fragment تبدأ بـ Because

هذا من أكثر الأخطاء شيوعًا.

Because the weather was bad.

لماذا؟

لأن:

Because

تجعل الجملة تابعة.

Because the weather was bad, we stayed at home.

أو:

We stayed at home because the weather was bad.


Examples

Because I had an exam the next day.

Because I had an exam the next day, I went to bed early.


Because she was feeling sick.

Because she was feeling sick, she went to the doctor.


Because the traffic was heavy.

Because the traffic was heavy, we arrived late.


النوع الثاني: Fragment تبدأ بـ Although

كلمة:

Although

تحتاج إلى جملة رئيسية.

Although the exam was difficult.

Although the exam was difficult, most students passed.


Although he was tired.

Although he was tired, he continued working.


Although online learning is convenient.

Although online learning is convenient, some students prefer traditional classrooms.


النوع الثالث: Fragment تبدأ بـ When

When I arrived at the station.

ننتظر:

What happened when you arrived?

When I arrived at the station, the train had already left.


When the teacher entered the classroom.

When the teacher entered the classroom, the students became quiet.


النوع الرابع: Fragment تبدأ بـ If

If you study regularly.

الفكرة ناقصة.

If you study regularly, you will improve your English.


If students manage their time effectively.

If students manage their time effectively, they will feel less stressed.


النوع الخامس: Fragment تبدأ بـ While

While I was studying.

While I was studying, my brother was watching TV.


While some students prefer studying alone.

While some students prefer studying alone, others enjoy studying in groups.


النوع السادس: Missing Subject

أحيانًا تكون المشكلة أن الجملة لا تحتوي على Subject واضح.

Went to the library after school.

من الذي ذهب؟

Who went?

I went to the library after school.


Studied for three hours last night.

I studied for three hours last night.


النوع السابع: Missing Verb

The students in the classroom.

لدينا:

The students

لكن أين الـVerb؟

The students are in the classroom.


My best friend very helpful.

My best friend is very helpful.


The new library near our school.

The new library is near our school.


النوع الثامن: -ing Fragment

أحيانًا يبدأ الطالب بجملة باستخدام:

-ing

لكن لا يكملها.

Walking through the park on a sunny afternoon.

هذه ليست جملة كاملة.

Walking through the park on a sunny afternoon, I met an old friend.


Example:

Studying for the exam all night.

I studied for the exam all night.

أو:

Studying for the exam all night, I felt exhausted the next morning.


النوع التاسع: Infinitive Fragment

To improve my English.

هذه ليست فكرة كاملة.

To improve my English, I practise speaking every day.


Example:

To get better grades.

To get better grades, students should study regularly.


النوع العاشر: Relative Clause Fragment

من الأخطاء المهمة أيضًا أن يبدأ الطالب بـ:

who / which / that

ولا يكمل الجملة الرئيسية.

Which was very expensive.

هذه ليست جملة كاملة.

I bought a new laptop, which was very expensive.


Who lives next door.

The man who lives next door is a doctor.


كيف أكتشف Sentence Fragment؟

علّم الطلاب استخدام هذه الأسئلة:

Question 1

Who or what is the sentence about?

هل يوجد Subject؟


Question 2

What is the main verb?

هل يوجد Main Verb؟


Question 3

Does the sentence express a complete idea?

هل الفكرة مكتملة؟


Question 4

Does it begin with a subordinating conjunction?

مثل:

because
although
when
if
while
unless

إذا كانت الإجابة نعم، تحقق هل يوجد Main Clause بعدها أم لا.


طريقة سهلة جدًا للطلاب

اكتب على السبورة:

S + V + Complete Idea

ثم أعطهم:

Because I was tired.

نسأل:

S?

I

V?

was

Complete Idea?

إذن:

Fragment


Fragment أم Complete Sentence؟

1.

Because I was tired.

Fragment

2.

I went to bed because I was tired.

Complete Sentence


3.

Although the exam was difficult.

Fragment

4.

Although the exam was difficult, I passed.

Complete Sentence


5.

The students in the classroom.

Fragment

6.

The students are in the classroom.

Complete Sentence


Fragment في Essay Writing

هذه المهارة مهمة جدًا لأن الـFragments تجعل الـEssay يبدو غير منظم.

Example:

There are many advantages to online learning. Because students can study from home. They can also save time. Although some students find it difficult.

لدينا أكثر من Fragment.


Correct Version:

There are many advantages to online learning because students can study from home. They can also save time, although some students find it difficult.


مثال آخر في Opinion Essay

I believe that school uniforms are useful. Because they create equality. Although some students dislike them.

Correct:

I believe that school uniforms are useful because they create a sense of equality, although some students dislike them.


Fragment في Narrative Writing

When I arrived at the station. The train had already left. Because I was late.

Correct:

When I arrived at the station, the train had already left because I was late.

لكن يمكن أن يكون من الأفضل أسلوبيًا:

When I arrived at the station, the train had already left. I was late because I had missed the bus.


كيف نصحح Sentence Fragment؟

هناك 3 طرق أساسية.

الطريقة الأولى: Add a Main Clause

Because I was tired.

Because I was tired, I went to bed.


الطريقة الثانية: Connect the Fragment to the Previous Sentence

I stayed at home. Because I was sick.

I stayed at home because I was sick.


الطريقة الثالثة: Turn It into a Complete Sentence

The students in the classroom.

The students are in the classroom.


Sentence Fragment vs Run-on Sentence

لا تخلط بين الاثنين.

Sentence Fragment

الجملة ناقصة.

Example:

Because I was tired.


Run-on Sentence

جملتان كاملتان تم ربطهما بطريقة خاطئة.

Example:

I was tired I went to bed.

يمكن تصحيحها:

I was tired, so I went to bed.

أو:

I was tired. I went to bed.


تدريب B2

Identify the Fragment

1.

Although the weather was cold.

Fragment

Correction:

Although the weather was cold, we went for a walk.


2.

The students completed the project successfully.

Complete Sentence


3.

Because she missed the bus.

Fragment

Correction:

Because she missed the bus, she arrived late.


4.

My brother works in a hospital.

Complete Sentence


5.

When I opened the door.

Fragment

Correction:

When I opened the door, I saw a strange package.


6.

The new restaurant near my house.

Fragment

Correction:

The new restaurant near my house is very popular.


B2 Challenge

صحح الفقرة:

Although online learning is convenient. Many students prefer traditional classrooms. Because they can communicate directly with their teachers. While online classes offer flexibility. They may sometimes make students feel isolated.

الإجابة:

Although online learning is convenient, many students prefer traditional classrooms because they can communicate directly with their teachers. While online classes offer flexibility, they may sometimes make students feel isolated.


Challenge 2

صحح:

I wanted to improve my English. By reading English books every day. Because reading helps me learn new vocabulary.

الإجابة:

I wanted to improve my English by reading English books every day because reading helps me learn new vocabulary.


قاعدة ذهبية لطلاب B2

قل للطلاب:

A sentence must have a complete thought.

وعندما تشك أن الجملة Fragment، اسأل:

Can this sentence stand alone?

إذا كانت الإجابة:

No

فغالبًا لديك:

Sentence Fragment


ملخص سريع

المشكلة

Example

Correction

Because Fragment

Because I was tired.

Because I was tired, I went home.

Although Fragment

Although it was difficult.

Although it was difficult, I continued.

If Fragment

If you study hard.

If you study hard, you will improve.

Missing Subject

Went to school.

I went to school.

Missing Verb

The students in class.

The students are in class.

-ing Fragment

Walking through the park.

I was walking through the park.

Infinitive Fragment

To improve my English.

I practise every day to improve my English.

Relative Clause Fragment

Which was expensive.

I bought a laptop, which was expensive.


الخلاصة

Sentence Fragment هي جملة ناقصة لا تعبر عن فكرة كاملة، وقد تكون المشكلة بسبب:

  • عدم وجود Subject.
  • عدم وجود Verb.
  • وجود Dependent Clause بدون Main Clause.
  • بدء الجملة بـ Because / Although / If / When / While وعدم إكمال الفكرة.
  • استخدام -ing أو to + verb دون تكوين جملة كاملة.

وأفضل استراتيجية لطالب B2 هي:

Subject + Verb + Complete Idea = Complete Sentence

وإذا بدأت الجملة بـ:

Because / Although / If / When / While / Unless

فاسأل فورًا:

Where is the main clause?

إذا لم تجدها، فهناك احتمال كبير أن تكون الجملة Sentence Fragment.

 

You are now in the first article
reactions
author-img
انا جمال يونس . معلم لغة انجليزية . حاصل على ليسانس ألسن جامعة عين شمس . اوود ان أشارك المزيد من معلوماتي حول اللغة الانجليزية في محاولة مني لتبسيط و توضيح الأمور إن شاء الله .

تعليقات