Main menu

Pages

 

Participles as Adjectives

شرح استخدام الـ Participles كصفات لطلاب B2 مع أمثلة كثيرة

تُعد Participles as Adjectives من النقاط المهمة لطلاب مستوى B2؛ لأنها تساعدهم على جعل كتابتهم وتعبيرهم أكثر قوة وتنوعًا.

في هذا الدرس سنتعلم:

  • ما هو Participle؟
  • كيف نستخدم Present Participle (-ing) كصفة؟
  • كيف نستخدم Past Participle (-ed / V3) كصفة؟
  • الفرق بين -ing adjectives و -ed adjectives.
  • أمثلة كثيرة وتمارين مناسبة لطلاب B2.

What Are Participles?

ما هو الـ Participle؟

الـ Participle هو شكل من أشكال الفعل، لكنه يمكن أن يُستخدم أحيانًا كـ:

  • جزء من زمن.
  • جزء من Passive Voice.
  • Adjective = صفة.

في هذا الدرس، سنركز على استخدامه كصفة.

لدينا نوعان أساسيان:

1. Present Participle

غالبًا ينتهي بـ:

-ing

مثل:

interesting
boring
exciting
surprising
confusing

2. Past Participle

غالبًا يكون:

V3

مثل:

interested
bored
excited
surprised
confused


أولًا: Present Participle as an Adjective

نستخدم Present Participle (-ing) لوصف:

The person or thing that causes a feeling or produces an effect.

أي:

الشيء أو الشخص الذي يسبب الشعور.


Example:

The film is boring.

الفيلم هو الذي يسبب الملل.

لذلك نستخدم:

boring


Example:

The lesson was interesting.

الدرس هو الذي سبب الاهتمام.

إذن:

interesting


Example:

The news was surprising.

الخبر هو الذي سبب المفاجأة.


قاعدة سهلة للطلاب

اسأل:

What causes the feeling?

إذا كانت الإجابة هي الشخص أو الشيء الذي تصفه:

استخدم:

-ing


أمثلة كثيرة على -ing Adjectives

1. Interesting

The book is interesting.

We had an interesting discussion.

She gave us some interesting ideas.


2. Boring

The lecture was boring.

I do not want to watch another boring film.

The meeting became boring after two hours.


3. Exciting

The match was exciting.

Travelling to a new country can be exciting.

We had an exciting experience last weekend.


4. Confusing

The instructions were confusing.

This is a confusing question.

The explanation was so confusing that many students asked for help.


5. Surprising

The results were surprising.

It was surprising to see him there.

She told us a surprising story.


6. Frightening

It was a frightening experience.

The noise coming from the house was frightening.

The film had several frightening scenes.


7. Disappointing

The final result was disappointing.

It was disappointing to lose the competition.

We had a disappointing experience at the hotel.


ثانيًا: Past Participle as an Adjective

نستخدم Past Participle لوصف:

The person or thing that experiences the feeling or receives the effect.

أي:

الشخص الذي يشعر بالشعور أو الشيء الذي تأثر بالفعل.


Example:

I am bored.

أنا أشعر بالملل.

إذن:

bored


Example:

The students were interested in the lesson.

الطلاب شعروا بالاهتمام.

إذن:

interested


Example:

She was surprised by the news.

هي شعرت بالمفاجأة بسبب الخبر.

إذن:

surprised


القاعدة الذهبية

-ING = Cause

الشيء الذي يسبب الشعور.

-ED / V3 = Feeling

الشخص الذي يشعر بالشعور.


Example:

The film was exciting.

الفيلم سبب الإثارة.

لكن:

We were excited.

نحن شعرنا بالإثارة.


مقارنة مهمة جدًا

-ing

-ed / V3

The film was boring.

I was bored.

The lesson was interesting.

The students were interested.

The game was exciting.

The players were excited.

The news was surprising.

She was surprised.

The question was confusing.

I was confused.

The situation was frightening.

They were frightened.

The result was disappointing.

We were disappointed.


أمثلة مع شرح

Example 1

The documentary was fascinating.

الـdocumentary هو الذي سبب الشعور.

إذن:

fascinating

أما:

I was fascinated by the documentary.

أنا الذي شعرت بالانبهار.

إذن:

fascinated


Example 2

The students were confused because the explanation was confusing.

لدينا:

The students:

شعروا بالارتباك.

confused

The explanation:

سببت الارتباك.

confusing


Example 3

The teacher was frustrated because the students found the task frustrating.

The teacher:

شعر بالإحباط.

frustrated

The task:

سبب الإحباط.

frustrating


Participles Before a Noun

يمكن استخدام الـParticiple قبل الاسم مباشرة كصفة.

Present Participle:

an exciting match

a boring lesson

an interesting book

a confusing question

a surprising result


Past Participle:

a broken window

an exhausted student

a disappointed customer

a damaged car

a crowded room


نقطة مهمة: Past Participle لا يعبّر دائمًا عن الشعور

أحيانًا يستخدم الـPast Participle لوصف حالة ناتجة عن فعل.

Example:

a broken window

نافذة تم كسرها.


a damaged car

سيارة تعرضت للتلف.


a closed door

باب مغلق.


a written report

تقرير مكتوب.


إذن الـPast Participle يمكن أن يصف:

1.    شعورًا.

مثل:

bored
excited
interested

أو:

2.    حالة ناتجة عن فعل.

مثل:

broken
damaged
closed
written


Example: Present Participle vs Past Participle

Present Participle

The running water was very cold.

هنا:

running

تصف الماء.

أي:

الماء الجاري.


Past Participle

The broken glass was on the floor.

هنا:

broken

تصف الزجاج.

أي:

الزجاج المكسور.


Participles After Linking Verbs

يمكن استخدام Participles كصفات بعد أفعال مثل:

be

seem

look

feel

become


Examples:

The film was exciting.

She seemed worried.

The students became interested in the topic.

The instructions look confusing.

I feel exhausted after work.


Participles in Longer Sentences

Example 1

The students were excited about the upcoming competition, which promised to be both challenging and rewarding.

لدينا:

excited

الطلاب شعروا بالإثارة.


Example 2

The company introduced an innovative product that quickly became popular among customers.

هنا:

innovative

صفة عادية، لكن يمكن مقارنة ذلك بـParticiple مثل:

The company introduced a rapidly growing product line.

growing

Present Participle يستخدم كصفة.


Example 3

The audience was deeply moved by the inspiring speech.

audience:

moved

تأثروا.

speech:

inspiring

سبب الإلهام.


Participles in Narrative Writing

هذه النقطة مفيدة جدًا لطلاب B2 في الكتابة.

بدلًا من:

I was tired, and I went home.

يمكن كتابة:

Exhausted after a long day, I went home.

هنا:

Exhausted

Past Participle يستخدم لوصف حالة الشخص.


بدلًا من:

The students were excited, and they entered the classroom.

يمكن أن نقول:

Excited about the trip, the students entered the classroom.


Present Participle in Narrative Writing

بدلًا من:

The girl was smiling, and she opened the door.

يمكن كتابة:

Smiling, the girl opened the door.

هنا:

Smiling

Present Participle يصف الشخص أثناء القيام بالفعل.


Example:

Walking home, I suddenly heard a strange noise.

أي:

بينما كنت أسير إلى المنزل، سمعت فجأة صوتًا غريبًا.


Common B2 Participle Adjectives

من المهم أن يتعرف الطلاب على هذه الكلمات:

-ING

-ED

interesting

interested

boring

bored

exciting

excited

surprising

surprised

confusing

confused

frustrating

frustrated

frightening

frightened

embarrassing

embarrassed

disappointing

disappointed

exhausting

exhausted

annoying

annoyed

satisfying

satisfied

worrying

worried

shocking

shocked

fascinating

fascinated


Examples for Every Pair

Interesting / Interested

The topic is interesting.

I am interested in the topic.


Boring / Bored

The film was boring.

We were bored during the film.


Exciting / Excited

The match was exciting.

The fans were excited.


Confusing / Confused

The instructions are confusing.

The students are confused.


Frustrating / Frustrated

Learning new software can be frustrating.

I became frustrated because I could not solve the problem.


Embarrassing / Embarrassed

It was an embarrassing mistake.

He felt embarrassed about the mistake.


Exhausting / Exhausted

The journey was exhausting.

After the journey, we were exhausted.


Annoying / Annoyed

The noise is annoying.

The neighbours are annoyed by the noise.


Worrying / Worried

The situation is worrying.

Her parents are worried about her.


Common Mistakes

Mistake 1

I am very boring.

هذا يعني:

أنا شخص يجعل الآخرين يشعرون بالملل 😅

إذا كنت تريد أن تقول:

أنا أشعر بالملل.

قل:

I am very bored.


Mistake 2

The movie was very excited.

الصحيح:

The movie was very exciting.

لأن الفيلم يسبب الإثارة.


Mistake 3

The students were confusing.

هذا يعني:

الطلاب يسببون الارتباك.

إذا كنت تقصد أنهم يشعرون بالارتباك:

The students were confused.


A Quick Test for Students

إذا كنت غير متأكد، اسأل:

السؤال الأول:

Who feels the emotion?

إذا كان الشخص هو الذي يشعر:

استخدم:

-ed / V3


السؤال الثاني:

What causes the emotion?

إذا كان الشيء يسبب الشعور:

استخدم:

-ing


Practice Exercise 1

اختر الإجابة الصحيحة.

1.

The film was very _______.

a) bored
b) boring

Answer: boring


2.

I was _______ after working for ten hours.

a) exhausting
b) exhausted

Answer: exhausted


3.

The instructions were so _______ that I could not understand them.

a) confused
b) confusing

Answer: confusing


4.

We were _______ to hear the news.

a) surprised
b) surprising

Answer: surprised


5.

The news was _______.

a) shocked
b) shocking

Answer: shocking


Practice Exercise 2: Correct the Mistake

1.

I was very exciting about the trip.

I was very excited about the trip.


2.

The students found the lesson very interested.

The students found the lesson very interesting.


3.

She was embarrassed because of an embarrassing situation.

هذه الجملة صحيحة.

لكن لاحظ:

She = embarrassed

Situation = embarrassing


Writing Task for B2 Students

Topic:

Write about an experience that changed your opinion about something.

يمكن للطالب استخدام Participles كالتالي:

At first, I found the experience confusing and frustrating. I was worried that I would not be able to complete the task. However, after a few days, I became interested in the project. In the end, I was extremely satisfied with the results, and the experience became one of the most rewarding challenges I had ever faced.

لاحظ استخدام:

  • confusing
  • frustrating
  • worried
  • interested
  • satisfied
  • rewarding

وهذا يجعل الكتابة أكثر تنوعًا ومناسبة لمستوى B2.


الخلاصة

استخدام Participles as Adjectives يساعد طلاب B2 على التعبير بشكل أكثر دقة.

تذكر القاعدة الذهبية:

-ING → causes the feeling

الشيء الذي يسبب الشعور.

-ED / Past Participle → experiences the feeling

الشخص أو الشيء الذي يشعر أو يتأثر.

Example:

The lesson was interesting, so the students were interested.

The journey was exhausting, so we were exhausted.

The news was surprising, so everyone was surprised.

وأفضل سؤال للطالب هو:

Who feels it? → -ed

What causes it? → -ing

 

reactions
author-img
انا جمال يونس . معلم لغة انجليزية . حاصل على ليسانس ألسن جامعة عين شمس . اوود ان أشارك المزيد من معلوماتي حول اللغة الانجليزية في محاولة مني لتبسيط و توضيح الأمور إن شاء الله .

تعليقات