Main menu

Pages

If Conditionals + Relative Pronouns + Participle Clauses

 

If Conditionals + Relative Pronouns + Participle Clauses

شرح متكامل لطلاب B2 والبكالوريا

أولًا: يعني إيه If Clause؟

If معناها إذا / لو، وبنستخدمها علشان نعبر عن شرط ونتيجته.

الجملة غالبًا بتتكون من:

If + Condition → Result

مثال:

If you study hard, you will pass the exam.
إذا ذاكرت بجد، هتنجح في الامتحان.


1. Zero Conditional

بنستخدمه مع الحقائق العامة والقواعد العلمية والأشياء اللي بتحصل دائمًا.

التركيب:

If + Present Simple, Present Simple

If you heat water, it boils.

لو سخنت المية، بتغلي.

مثال مع Relative Pronoun:

If you use a device that consumes too much energy, the battery gets hot.

هنا عندنا:

  • If you use... → Zero Conditional
  • that consumes too much energy → Relative Clause

التحليل:

device + that + verb

a device that consumes too much energy

يعني: جهاز يستهلك طاقة كبيرة.


2. First Conditional

بنستخدمه لما يكون الشرط ممكن يحصل في المستقبل.

التركيب:

If + Present Simple, will + infinitive

If I study hard, I will pass the exam.

⚠️ مهم جدًا:

بعد if ما نحطش will في الحالة العادية.

If I will study hard, I will pass.

If I study hard, I will pass.


First Conditional + Relative Clause

ممكن نحط Relative Clause جوه جملة الشرط.

مثال:

If you read books that improve your vocabulary, you will become a better reader.

الجملة هنا فيها:

If Clause:

If you read books...

Relative Clause:

that improve your vocabulary

Result:

you will become a better reader.


3. First Conditional + Participle Clause

هنا بقى النقطة المهمة جدًا.

ممكن نستخدم Participle Clause بدل Relative Clause في بعض الحالات.

مثال:

If you read books that improve your vocabulary, you will become a better reader.

نقدر نختصر:

If you read books improving your vocabulary, you will become a better reader.

لكن لازم ناخد بالنا إن الاختصار لازم يكون منطقي، و**-ing** هنا بيدينا معنى active.

القاعدة:

Relative Clause:

books that improve your vocabulary

⬇️

Participle Clause:

books improving your vocabulary


4. الفرق بين Relative Clause و Participle Clause

Relative Clause

بتستخدم:

who / which / that / whose / where / when

مثال:

Students who study regularly usually perform well.

Participle Clause

ممكن نختصر:

Students studying regularly usually perform well.

لاحظ:

who studystudying


5. لو المعنى Passive

لو الـ noun بيتعرض للفعل، بنستخدم Past Participle (V3).

Relative Clause:

If you use products that are made from recycled materials, you can reduce waste.

نختصر:

If you use products made from recycled materials, you can reduce waste.

القاعدة:

that/which + be + V3

⬇️

V3

products that are made from recycled materials
products made from recycled materials


6. First Conditional + Relative Pronoun + Participle Clause

دي أهم نقطة للطلاب.

ممكن الجملة تحتوي على التلاتة:

If you choose a course that is designed for beginners, you will learn more easily.

عندنا:

If → Conditional

that → Relative Pronoun

is designed → Passive

نقدر نختصر:

If you choose a course designed for beginners, you will learn more easily.

إذن:

that is designed → designed


7. مثال أصعب شوية

If students who are preparing for the exam follow a study plan, they will improve their results.

هنا:

If students...
→ Conditional structure

who are preparing for the exam
→ Relative Clause

نختصرها:

If students preparing for the exam follow a study plan, they will improve their results.

التحويل:

students who are preparing

⬇️

students preparing


8. Second Conditional

بنستخدمه مع موقف خيالي أو غير حقيقي أو احتماله ضعيف في الحاضر أو المستقبل.

التركيب:

If + Past Simple, would + infinitive

If I had more time, I would study another language.

لو كان عندي وقت أكتر، كنت هدرس لغة تانية.


Second Conditional + Relative Clause

If I had a teacher who could explain difficult ideas clearly, I would enjoy the subject more.

Relative Clause:

who could explain difficult ideas clearly

Conditional:

If I had..., I would...


Second Conditional + Participle Clause

ممكن في بعض الجمل نختصر الـ Relative Clause:

If I had a teacher explaining difficult ideas clearly, I would enjoy the subject more.

لكن لازم نستخدم الاختصار فقط لما يكون المعنى طبيعي وواضح.


9. Third Conditional

بنستخدمه للكلام عن موقف في الماضي لم يحدث ونتخيل نتيجة مختلفة.

التركيب:

If + Past Perfect, would have + V3

If I had studied harder, I would have passed the exam.

أنا لم أذاكر بشكل كافٍ، وبالتالي لم أنجح.


Third Conditional + Relative Clause

If I had used the book that my teacher recommended, I would have passed the exam.

هنا:

that my teacher recommended
→ Relative Clause


10. Relative Clause + Participle Clause داخل Third Conditional

مثال:

If I had followed the advice that was given by my teacher, I would have passed.

نختصر:

If I had followed the advice given by my teacher, I would have passed.

التحويل:

that was given

⬇️

given

وده لأن المعنى Passive.


الخريطة الذهبية للطلاب

If Conditional

Zero:

If + Present → Present

First:

If + Present → will + infinitive

Second:

If + Past → would + infinitive

Third:

If + Past Perfect → would have + V3


Relative Pronouns

الأشخاص:

who

The student who studies hard will succeed.

الأشياء:

which / that

The book that I bought is useful.

الملكية:

whose

The student whose phone was lost reported it.

المكان:

where

This is the school where I studied.

الزمن:

when

I remember the day when I met him.


Participle Clauses

Active

who/which + verb → V-ing

Students who study hard...

⬇️

Students studying hard...


Passive

who/which + be + V3 → V3

The books which are written in English...

⬇️

The books written in English...


أهم حاجة: إزاي الطالب يكتشف القاعدة في السؤال؟

لو شاف:

If + subject + ______

يبص على الجملة ويحدد نوع الـ Conditional.

لكن لو شاف:

a student ______ studies hard

غالبًا محتاج:

who / that

ولو شاف:

students ______ hard

ومطلوب اختصار Relative Clause، ممكن تكون:

studying

ولو شاف:

books ______ by famous writers

ممكن تكون:

written


مثال شامل جدًا

If students who are studying English read books that are written for their level, they will improve their vocabulary.

عندنا هنا:

1. Conditional

If students... they will improve...

First Conditional

2. Relative Pronoun

who are studying English

3. Participle Clause

نختصر:

students studying English

4. Relative Clause تانية

that are written for their level

نختصر:

books written for their level

الجملة بعد الاختصار:

If students studying English read books written for their level, they will improve their vocabulary.

وده مثال ممتاز جدًا يربط القواعد الثلاثة مع بعض.


مثال آخر للبكالوريا

Original:

If people who use social media spend too much time online, they may experience problems that are related to concentration.

Reduced:

If people using social media spend too much time online, they may experience problems related to concentration.

التحليل:

If → Conditional

who use social media → Relative Clause

using social media → Participle Clause

that are related to concentration → Relative Clause

related to concentration → Past Participle Clause


تدريب للطلاب

Choose the correct answer

1.

If students ______ hard, they will pass the exam.

a) studied
b) study
c) will study
d) had studied

Answer: b) study


2.

If I had more free time, I ______ another language.

a) learn
b) will learn
c) would learn
d) would have learned

Answer: c) would learn


3.

The students ______ regularly usually get better grades.

a) who study
b) studying
c) both a and b
d) studied

Answer: c


4.

If you use products ______ from recycled materials, you can reduce waste.

a) making
b) made
c) which make
d) who made

Answer: b) made


5.

If I had followed the advice ______ by my teacher, I would have passed.

a) giving
b) given
c) which giving
d) who gave

Answer: b) given


6.

If students ______ for the exam follow a clear plan, they will improve.

a) preparing
b) prepared
c) prepare
d) a and c

Answer: d


Rewrite

1.

If you read books that improve your vocabulary, you will become a better reader.

Rewrite using a participle clause.

If you read books improving your vocabulary, you will become a better reader.


2.

If you use products that are made from recycled materials, you will reduce waste.

Rewrite using a participle clause.

If you use products made from recycled materials, you will reduce waste.


3.

Students who study regularly usually perform well.

Rewrite using a participle clause.

Students studying regularly usually perform well.


4.

If students who are preparing for the exam follow a study plan, they will improve.

Rewrite using a participle clause.

If students preparing for the exam follow a study plan, they will improve.


⚠️ Important Exam Trap

مش معنى إننا نلاقي -ing إن الجملة Participle Clause.

قارن:

If he studies hard, he will pass.

هنا studies فعل أساسي، مش participle clause.

لكن:

Students studying hard usually succeed.

هنا studying بتوصف students، وبالتالي هي Participle Clause.


Golden Rule

خلي الطالب يحفظ الأربع خطوات دي:

IF → حدد نوع الشرط

WHO / WHICH / THAT → Relative Clause

V-ing → Active Participle

V3 → Passive Participle

وبالتالي:

If students who study hard use books that are written clearly, they will improve.

⬇️

If students studying hard use books written clearly, they will improve.

Formula:

IF + CONDITIONAL + RELATIVE CLAUSE + PARTICIPLE CLAUSE

ودي من أقوى الطرق لربط القواعد ببعض في أسئلة الـ B2 والبكالوريا.

 

You are now in the first article
reactions
author-img
انا جمال يونس . معلم لغة انجليزية . حاصل على ليسانس ألسن جامعة عين شمس . اوود ان أشارك المزيد من معلوماتي حول اللغة الانجليزية في محاولة مني لتبسيط و توضيح الأمور إن شاء الله .

تعليقات