Making a Presentation: Before, When You Begin, and During the Presentation
تُعد Making a Presentation أو مهارة تقديم عرض تقديمي باللغة الإنجليزية من أهم مهارات التحدث Speaking Skills التي يحتاج إليها الطلاب في الدراسة والعمل والحياة العملية.
لا تعتمد مهارة تقديم العرض التقديمي على معرفة المعلومات فقط، ولكنها تحتاج إلى القدرة على تنظيم الأفكار، بدء العرض بطريقة مناسبة، التحدث بوضوح، الانتقال بين الأفكار، والتفاعل مع الجمهور.
في هذا الدرس سنتعلم كيف نقوم بـ Making a Presentation في ثلاث مراحل أساسية:
Before the Presentation
When You Begin the Presentation
During the Presentation
What Is a Presentation?
A presentation is a formal or semi-formal talk in which a person gives information about a specific topic to an audience.
بمعنى بسيط، الـ Presentation هو أن تتحدث أمام مجموعة من الأشخاص وتشرح لهم موضوعًا أو فكرة بطريقة منظمة.
Example Topics
يمكن أن يقدم الطالب عرضًا عن:
Healthy lifestyle
Climate change
Social media
Learning English
Technology
Education
The importance of exercise
Protecting the environment
1. Before the Presentation
قبل أن تبدأ الـ Presentation، يجب أن تستعد جيدًا.
التحضير الجيد يساعدك على التحدث بثقة وتقليل التوتر أثناء العرض.
A. Choose Your Topic
أول خطوة هي اختيار موضوع واضح ومناسب للجمهور.
Example:
بدلًا من اختيار موضوع واسع جدًا مثل:
Technology
يمكن أن تختار موضوعًا أكثر تحديدًا:
The Importance of Technology in Education
وهذا يجعل تنظيم العرض أسهل.
B. Know Your Audience
يجب أن تعرف من سيستمع إليك.
هل تتحدث أمام:
classmates?
teachers?
students?
university students?
colleagues?
لأن طريقة الكلام والمفردات التي تستخدمها تعتمد على الجمهور.
Example
إذا كنت تتحدث أمام طلاب صغار، استخدم كلمات وجمل سهلة.
أما إذا كنت تقدم عرضًا أمام مجموعة من المعلمين، فيمكنك استخدام مفردات أكثر تخصصًا.
C. Organize Your Ideas
من الأفضل تقسيم العرض إلى ثلاثة أجزاء:
Introduction
المقدمة.
Body
المعلومات والأفكار الرئيسية.
Conclusion
الخاتمة.
يمكنك التفكير فيها بهذه الطريقة:
Introduction → Main Points → Conclusion
D. Prepare Your Presentation
إذا كنت تستخدم PowerPoint، لا تضع فقرات طويلة جدًا على الشرائح.
استخدم:
Short sentences
Keywords
Pictures
Charts
Examples
Bad Slide
Exercise is very important for people because it helps them stay healthy and prevents many diseases and makes them feel better.
Better Slide
Benefits of Exercise
Improves health
Prevents diseases
Reduces stress
Increases energy
ثم تشرح أنت التفاصيل شفهيًا.
E. Practice Before the Presentation
التدريب من أهم خطوات نجاح أي Presentation.
يمكنك أن تتدرب أمام:
a mirror
your friends
your classmates
your family
أو تسجل صوتك أو فيديو لنفسك.
حاول أن تتدرب على:
pronunciation + fluency + eye contact + body language
Useful Expressions Before the Presentation
يمكنك استخدام هذه الجمل عندما تتحدث عن استعدادك للعرض:
I have prepared a presentation about...
Today, I am going to talk about...
My presentation is about...
I have divided my presentation into three main parts.
Example:
"Today, I am going to give a presentation about the importance of learning English."
2. When You Begin the Presentation
بداية الـ Presentation مهمة جدًا؛ لأنها تعطي الجمهور فكرة عنك وعن الموضوع.
لا تبدأ مباشرة بالمعلومات.
ابدأ بطريقة منظمة.
Step 1: Greet the Audience
ابدأ بتحية مناسبة.
Examples:
Good morning, everyone.
Good afternoon, ladies and gentlemen.
Hello everyone.
Good morning, teachers and students.
Step 2: Introduce Yourself
إذا كان الجمهور لا يعرفك، قدم نفسك باختصار.
Examples:
"My name is Ahmed, and I am a secondary school student."
أو:
"My name is Sara, and today I am going to give a presentation about healthy eating."
Step 3: Introduce Your Topic
بعد ذلك، أخبر الجمهور بموضوع العرض.
Examples:
Today, I am going to talk about healthy lifestyle.
My presentation today is about climate change.
Today, I'd like to talk about the importance of learning English.
Step 4: Explain the Purpose
يمكنك أن تخبر الجمهور بما سيتعلمونه من العرض.
Example:
"Today, I am going to explain why exercise is important and how it can improve our health."
Step 5: Give an Overview
إذا كان العرض طويلًا، أخبر الجمهور بالأجزاء التي ستتحدث عنها.
Example:
"My presentation has three main parts. First, I will talk about the benefits of exercise. Then, I will discuss different types of exercise. Finally, I will give some useful tips for staying active."
هذه الطريقة تجعل الجمهور يعرف what to expect.
A Complete Introduction Example
إذا كان موضوعك:
The Importance of Learning English
يمكنك أن تبدأ هكذا:
"Good morning, everyone. My name is Ahmed. Today, I am going to talk about the importance of learning English. English is one of the most widely spoken languages in the world. In my presentation, I will explain how English can help us in education, work, and communication."
هذه مقدمة جيدة لأنها تحتوي على:
Greeting → Introduction → Topic → Purpose
3. During the Presentation
بعد المقدمة تبدأ في شرح الأفكار الرئيسية.
وهنا تظهر مهارة Speaking بشكل واضح.
لا يكفي أن تكون لديك معلومات جيدة؛ يجب أن تعرف كيف تعرضها بطريقة منظمة.
A. Use Signposting Language
Signposting يعني استخدام عبارات تساعد الجمهور على معرفة أين وصلت في العرض.
ومن أهم العبارات:
Starting a point
First of all,...
Let's start with...
First,...
Moving to another point
Now, let's move on to...
Next,...
The next point is...
Adding information
In addition,...
Moreover,...
Another important point is...
Giving an example
For example,...
For instance,...
Let me give you an example.
Giving a reason
This is because...
The main reason is...
Showing contrast
However,...
On the other hand,...
Summarizing
To sum up,...
In short,...
Let me summarize the main points.
Example: Moving Between Ideas
لنفترض أنك تتحدث عن Healthy Lifestyle.
يمكنك أن تقول:
"First of all, let's talk about healthy food."
ثم بعد الانتهاء:
"Now, let's move on to the second point, which is exercise."
ثم:
"Finally, let's talk about the importance of getting enough sleep."
بهذه الطريقة يكون كلامك مرتبًا وسهل المتابعة.
B. Speak Clearly
أثناء الـ Presentation، لا تتحدث بسرعة شديدة.
حاول أن:
Speak clearly.
Pronounce words correctly.
Use short sentences.
Pause between ideas.
Emphasize important words.
Example
بدلًا من قول الجملة بسرعة:
"Exerciseisimportantbecauseithelpsusstayhealthy..."
تحدث بطريقة واضحة:
"Exercise is important... because it helps us stay healthy."
الـ pause البسيط يجعل كلامك أكثر وضوحًا.
C. Use Eye Contact
من أهم مهارات تقديم العروض Eye Contact.
لا تنظر إلى الشاشة طوال الوقت.
حاول أن تنظر إلى:
different people
different parts of the room
your audience
Remember:
Don't read everything from the screen.
الشريحة تساعدك، لكنها ليست النص الذي يجب أن تقرأه بالكامل.
D. Use Body Language
لغة الجسد تساعدك على الظهور بثقة.
حاول أن:
Stand straight.
Use natural hand gestures.
Smile when appropriate.
Avoid looking at the floor.
Avoid unnecessary movements.
Example
عندما تقول:
"There are three main reasons..."
يمكنك استخدام أصابعك للإشارة إلى:
First → Second → Third
وهذا يجعل العرض أكثر وضوحًا.
E. Use Examples
الأمثلة تجعل الـ Presentation أكثر وضوحًا.
Example:
إذا كان موضوعك:
The Benefits of Reading
لا تقل فقط:
"Reading improves our knowledge."
أضف مثالًا:
"For example, when students read regularly, they can learn new vocabulary and improve their general knowledge."
هكذا يصبح الكلام أكثر قوة وإقناعًا.
F. Ask the Audience Questions
يمكنك إشراك الجمهور باستخدام الأسئلة.
Examples:
Have you ever thought about this?
How many of you use social media every day?
What do you think about this problem?
Can you think of an example?
وهذه الطريقة تجعل الـ Presentation أكثر تفاعلًا.
Example of Audience Interaction
إذا كان موضوعك:
Social Media
يمكنك أن تبدأ بسؤال:
"How many hours do you spend on social media every day?"
بعد أن يتفاعل الجمهور، يمكنك الانتقال إلى الموضوع:
"Today, I'd like to talk about how social media affects our daily lives."
How to Deal with Nervousness
الشعور بالتوتر قبل الـ Presentation أمر طبيعي، خصوصًا عند الطلاب.
لكن يمكنك تقليل التوتر من خلال:
1. Practice
كلما تدربت أكثر، زادت ثقتك.
2. Know Your Topic
لا تقدم موضوعًا لا تفهمه.
3. Take a Breath
قبل البداية، خذ نفسًا عميقًا وابدأ بهدوء.
4. Don't Memorize Every Word
لا تحاول حفظ كل كلمة.
احفظ:
main ideas + keywords
ثم اشرحها بأسلوبك.
What If You Forget Something?
إذا نسيت كلمة أو معلومة أثناء العرض، لا تتوقف تمامًا.
يمكنك استخدام عبارات تساعدك على التفكير.
Useful Expressions:
Let me think for a moment.
What I mean is...
Let me explain this another way.
Let me give you an example.
As I mentioned earlier,...
هذه العبارات تمنحك وقتًا للتفكير وتساعدك على الاستمرار.
A Complete Presentation Example
Topic: The Importance of Exercise
Beginning
"Good morning, everyone. My name is Omar. Today, I am going to talk about the importance of exercise. Exercise is an important part of a healthy lifestyle. In my presentation, I will discuss three main benefits of exercise."
First Point
"First of all, exercise improves our physical health. Regular exercise can make our muscles stronger and help us maintain a healthy weight."
Second Point
"Now, let's move on to the second point. Exercise is also good for our mental health. For example, regular physical activity can help reduce stress and improve our mood."
Third Point
"Finally, exercise can give us more energy. People who exercise regularly often feel more active during the day."
Conclusion
"To sum up, exercise is important for our physical and mental health. It can make us stronger, reduce stress, and give us more energy. Thank you for listening."
Useful Presentation Phrases
| Purpose | Useful Expression |
|---|---|
| Greeting | Good morning, everyone. |
| Introducing yourself | My name is... |
| Introducing the topic | Today, I am going to talk about... |
| Starting | Let's start with... |
| First point | First of all,... |
| Moving on | Now, let's move on to... |
| Adding information | In addition,... |
| Giving an example | For example,... |
| Showing contrast | However,... |
| Emphasizing | It is important to remember that... |
| Summarizing | To sum up,... |
| Finishing | Thank you for listening. |
| Questions | Do you have any questions? |
Common Mistakes in Presentations
Mistake 1: Reading the Slides
❌ لا تقرأ كل شيء من الشاشة.
✅ استخدم الكلمات الموجودة على الشريحة كـ prompts وتحدث عنها.
Mistake 2: Speaking Too Fast
❌ الكلام بسرعة يجعل الجمهور يجد صعوبة في فهمك.
✅ تحدث بسرعة مناسبة واستخدم pauses.
Mistake 3: Looking at the Screen All the Time
❌ لا تجعل ظهرك للجمهور طوال الوقت.
✅ استخدم eye contact.
Mistake 4: Using Very Long Sentences
❌ الجمل الطويلة قد تسبب أخطاء أثناء الكلام.
✅ استخدم جملًا قصيرة وواضحة.
Mistake 5: Memorizing Everything
❌ حفظ العرض كلمة بكلمة قد يجعلك تتوتر إذا نسيت كلمة.
✅ احفظ الأفكار الرئيسية والكلمات المفتاحية.
Presentation Skills Checklist
قبل تقديم الـ Presentation، اسأل نفسك:
Before the Presentation
☐ Do I know my topic?
☐ Have I organized my ideas?
☐ Have I prepared my slides?
☐ Have I practiced?
When I Begin
☐ Did I greet the audience?
☐ Did I introduce myself?
☐ Did I introduce my topic?
☐ Did I explain the purpose?
During the Presentation
☐ Am I speaking clearly?
☐ Am I using eye contact?
☐ Am I using body language?
☐ Am I using examples?
☐ Am I using signposting expressions?
☐ Am I interacting with the audience?
Practice Activity for Students
اختر موضوعًا من الموضوعات التالية:
1. The Importance of Exercise
2. Social Media
3. Learning English
4. Protecting the Environment
5. Healthy Food
ثم قم بإعداد Presentation مدته 2–3 minutes.
استخدم هذا التنظيم:
Introduction
Greeting + Name + Topic + Purpose
Body
First point + Second point + Third point + Examples
Conclusion
Summary + Final message + Thank you
Final Speaking Tip
تذكر أن الـ Presentation الناجح لا يعتمد فقط على المعلومات.
إنه يعتمد على:
Good Preparation + Clear Speaking + Organization + Eye Contact + Body Language + Audience Interaction
والهدف ليس أن تتحدث عن الموضوع فقط، ولكن أن تجعل الجمهور يفهم أفكارك ويتابعك ويستفيد مما تقوله.
Conclusion
تُعد Making a Presentation مهارة أساسية من مهارات Speaking Skills. ولكي يقدم الطالب عرضًا ناجحًا باللغة الإنجليزية، يجب أن يهتم بثلاث مراحل رئيسية: التحضير قبل العرض، البداية الجيدة، والتحدث بطريقة منظمة أثناء العرض.
كلما تدرب الطالب على استخدام عبارات مثل First of all, Now let's move on to, For example, However, To sum up، أصبح أكثر قدرة على تنظيم أفكاره والتحدث باللغة الإنجليزية بثقة.
Remember:
Prepare well, speak clearly, stay organized, and connect with your audience.
تعليقات
إرسال تعليق